New Minnesota Golf License Plate Flourishing in its First Year
The new Minnesota Golf License Plate has experienced a significant amount of success so far in its short existence. The golf plates, which went live on July 1st, 2015, have surpassed expectations with over 1,000 plates being sold up to date. PGA Professionals as well as avid golfers in the state of Minnesota have shown tremendous support and encouragement for the license plate program in the past year.
The proceeds from the license plate sales will continue to assist local PGA Professionals and the Minnesota Section PGA Foundation with the objective of growing the game of golf in Minnesota through the initiatives of youth, charity, military and diversity.
It is an extremely big year for golf in general with PGA of America’s Centennial Celebration. With that, in addition to the 2016 Ryder Cup at Hazeltine National Golf Club, it provides such an exciting opportunity for growth in the state of Minnesota.
Help join the continuous efforts of your local PGA Professionals and die-hard golfers to promote the game of golf by purchasing your own Minnesota Golf License Plate
How much is the license plate?
* If you are renewing your tabs, you will pay your normal registration fees plus $40 ($10 is for the new plate–an initial one time payment and $30 is an annual contribution to the MN PGA Foundation).
Do I need to wait until my license plates are expired?
* No, you do not. You can pay the $40 fee and change plates.
Can I personalize the plate?
* At this time you cannot. Depending on sales, the State may allow this to be done in 2 years.
Where can I purchase?
* The license plates are only available at your local DMV. There are a number of DMV’s that have the license plates in stock. If they don’t, you will receive the plates in the mail.
Who does the money benefit?
* Proceeds benefit the MN PGA Foundation to grow the game of golf through youth, military, diversity and charity programs.
For more information, view the Minnesota DMV online or visit your local county DMV to purchase!
The Minnesota Golf License Plate is a conjoint effort by the Minnesota Section PGA and Minnesota Golf Association to grow the game of golf in the state of Minnesota.
The Minnesota Section PGA consists of PGA Professionals who are experts in the game and business of golf. Our mission is to promote the enjoyment and involvement of the game of golf and to contribute to its growth by providing services to golf professionals, the golf industry, people who play golf or would like to start playing golf. PGA Section Offices oversee the 41 geographic regions throughout the United States and provide the grass-roots network for the nation’s 25 million amateur golfers and with the PGA’s 27,000 members.